Here you will find what others have to say about us.
We’ve been featured for our marketing expertise and enjoy sharing out knowledge with others.
AWARDS, APPEARANCES + FEATURES
Utah Business Magazine – 40 Under 40
“Kathy is the epitome of the adventure Mom! Her family is her passion and she lives it every day. That same energy that she puts into her family comes through on the Adventure Mom blog site, and they are making waves, not only locally, but around the world. ” — IABC UTAH, October 2014
Guest Author, Kathy Dalton writes: You might not know it, but there’s a dramatic shift occurring right this second within the advertising industry. Today’s advertisers are focusing less on traditional advertising methods and more on word-of-mouth advertising. Why? Simply put, because it gets results. People love to talk, especially about their favorite products or services, and they’re also more likely to trust a product recommendation from a friend over a commercial or other traditional marketing method. Put the two together, and you have the word-of-mouth recipe for success.
About 80% of word of mouth takes place offline, but you can easily take it online to speed up the process and make word-of-mouth marketing work for you. And the best news? It’s really cheap, usually FREE. Here are ten things you can do RIGHT NOW to get people talking about your product or service. Remember: keep your message simple then do everything you can to make sharing your message easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
TEN Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW
1. Start a blog – A blog does not magically generate customers, but it does start the conversation. Get readers to link back to you. If you already have a blog, ask to be a guest blogger, provide interesting content, and be a thought leader within your industry. Be sure to make your blog button available and easy to post.
2. Rule of Three – When handing out a flyer or business card don’t just hand out one; hand out three so potential clients have a couple extra on hand to share with friends.
3. Give out samples – Everyone loves something for free. Maybe it’s a mini sample or a gift bag with purchase. When sending out your packages, include stickers or business cards.
5. Coupon – Create a “Friends and Family” coupon that can be easily forwarded or posted on Facebook or Twitter.
6. FREE Report – Create a FREE report, downloadable fact sheet, or worksheet on your website.
7. Conference Call – Use a service like www.FreeConferenceCall.com to host a FREE call where customers can get an update on what you’re working on and then open it up for questions. Record the call and put it up on your website.
8. Create a YouTube Channel – Establish your own channel on www.YouTube.com where you can post videos and have customers post theirs.
9. Contest – Create a contest around submitting a video for the most embarrassing moment, cutest kid, or funniest dating story. Have customers post their videos on your YouTube channel. Give away free product or create affiliate relationships and help support other businesses by giving away their product.
10. Product Review – Send out your product to bloggers and have them review it on their blogs.
The fact is, word of mouth marketing is taking place and people are already talking about you. Use these ten tips to take part in the conversation, both online and off.
Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking by Andy Sernovitz, Kaplan Press; Revised edition (February 3, 2009)
Kathy Dalton is marketing obsessed. Her twelve years’ experience in marketing, advertising, product development, and the health sciences industry led her to launch Dalton Consulting, her personalized marketing consultancy. Kathy loves helping local businesses and is currently working on marketing My New Enterprise, a project aimed at helping new entrepreneurs start their own businesses.
Kathy is also co-founder of the Little Stinker™ natural skin-care line for babies and mothers. She just launched its flagship product, a Little Stinker™ baby butt spray, and is scheduled to launch two more products for nursing mothers. Little Stinker is proudly manufactured in the USA and contains natural ingredients and organic botanicals.
Kathy is a full-time wife and mother. In her free time, she loves to take her son on bike rides, write her personal blog, and read.
Most Liked Posts
- Compassion at the Coffee Shop By email@example.com on January 24, 2015 0
- What’s An Elevator Pitch? By firstname.lastname@example.org on November 9, 2015 0
- Utah Event Planner: SLC Kids Explore By email@example.com on October 10, 2015 0
- Does Google Page Rank Still Matter? By firstname.lastname@example.org on February 12, 2016 0