Dress Like a Boss
Ever wonder, “what should I wear to work today?”
When you put on an outfit to wear to the office, do you feel like a boss? Well, you should! The style isn’t everything, but it sure can boost your self-esteem and confidence. It also shows others you mean business. Whether you are a boss or not, dressing for success is sure to get you where you want to go. Here are a few things to add to your wardrobe so you can dress like a boss:
- Get a Blazer: Whether it’s with a nice pair of slacks, a dress, or a skirt, get a blazer that you can throw over anything. Make sure it is tailored to your figure and not bulky in the arms or breast. A classic blazer makes you look sophisticated but leaves room for you to add personality to it.
- Add some color: If you want to look like a boss and feel like one, add a little color. Instead of the typical black dress or suit, spice up your attire with some blue, coral, green, and pink shirts. For a slight color effect, add a colored scarf to a gray or black outfit. Accessorize with shoulder bags or belts. For examples, check out stores like ModCloth or Ruch.
- Wear Pumps: Pumps add a pump of power to your walk letting others know you’re in charge. Pumps are another way to spice up your attire. A pair of colorful pumps can spice up any black, gray, or tan attire. Add a little kick in your step and get some pointy toed pumps.
- Wear A-line Skirts or Dresses: If you want to wear a dress or skirt, outline your figure. A-lines are a classy addition to any boss wardrobe. An A-line skirt can easily be worn with a blazer or a colored button up blouse. Mod Cloth has 20% off all dresses on orders over $100!
- Go with Simple Designs: You don’t want to stand out like a sore thumb, but you definitely want to leave an impression. Stay away from bright bold colors and stick to simple designs like stripes, buttons, lapel designs, and slimming colors.
Moderation is the key to dressing like a boss. You don’t want to go too overboard and look like you are trying too hard, but you definitely want to look sophisticated, talented, and confident. Add these simple styles to your wardrobe spice it up with a colorful shoulder bag, belt, or pump and look and feel like a boss.